Thursday, February 10, 2011

...books...

I just got my new books!! I say this with excitement because I've been banned from buying books anymore. I have a problem. It has to do with hoarding books... and not good, make-your-life-better books, I'm talking the kill-you-in-your-sleep books that I'm drawn to... I can't help it. I enjoy crime shows too. Sue me. Hubbs made me weed through and get rid of almost ALL of my books a year and a half ago. We're talking over 600 books... now, don't go hating the hubbs. After all, we DO live in a bungalow...

Anyway, I was given the go ahead to order 3 new books from Amazon. We ordered "Taste of Haiti", "Haitian Creole Phrasebook" and "Adopted for Life"... I've peeked through the first 2, mouth watering at the soups and sauces of Haiti, tongue tied at the nuances of a new language and already thoroughly engrossed in "Adopted for Life"... I figure, when you're sobbing halfway through the forward, it's probably going to be a good book. I'll post my thoughts upon completion of said book.

No comments:

Post a Comment